Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Kahani Kismat Ki !

Busy weekend. And an expensive one too. Ended up splurging on a pair of RayBan, guess to get over the disappointment of not getting hold of an iPhone still. And catching up both Dark Knight and Kismat Konnection.

Dark Knight is excellent. A classic tale of evil vs virtue, made philosophical by Joker`s (played brilliantly by Heath Ledger) musings to Batman which might go down in the annals of moviedom as one of the most discussed - 'You complete me'. In my opinion, best movie in the superhero genre.

Kismat Konnection is one time watchable fare, particularly for its foot-tapping music, and some subtle moments. Though it did goad me to come to this post.

Throughout my life, I guess I have taken my own decisions. And have endured beautifully the goods and bads that have come with them. In situations they might have been guided by some popular perceptions, but nevertheless they have been my own. And it has worked out beautifully for me so far.

Often a subconscious believer of 'karma', I always thought life was like a mathematical fuction, if there is a particular input, you will always get a predefined calculated output. In layman terms, you will get your dues fairly, depending on your efforts.

I have been a staunch believer of this philosophy, and still do so. Though certain happenings around me sometimes tend to shake this belief. People putting in the same amount of effort, same inputs, and still not getting the output which I thought the mathematical function should give? Or I myself applying the same effort in certain situations and getting results which differ significantly from my last effort...why is it?

Is there something else affecting all this...luck, kismet, timing, god ? What is luck ? Is it another name for timing? Or a combination of a lot of complicated factors not in your hands ?

Timing, I believe can affect....your time has to be right. But if you are deserving, can it consistently hamper the results you get over a longer period of time?

No the movie doesn't discuss these points :)

No comments: